IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE, GOOD EQUIPMENT IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST…
When it came to manufacturing our stand-up-paddleboards(SUP), we scoured the globe for the very best materials and technologies, testing shapes and size from the world’s most respected shapers. Our boards are designed and crafted with performance, strength, balance and longevity in mind.
Overall, the Spear is fast. It is quick off the start and onto plain with minimal drag, stability and easy turning around the buoys. It also promises fast recovery as water flows off and under the board.
This superior board has been specifically designed with stability, speed and control in mind, and has been tested in a wide range of conditions. It is suitable for both the adventurous weekend warriors and professional competitors.
The Spear includes the following racing specifications:
- Recessed Deck that ensures a lower center of gravity for increased rider stability.
- The Dihedral Nose shape gives the board additional volume and adds to the dynamic mixture of speed and the ability to glide across the water surface. It does this by keeping the nose on top of the water surface in bumpy conditions and decreasing water drag. It also breaks water away from the nose as it flows through the center.
- The amazing rocker line adds to the board’s reputation of being fast.
- The Vanhunks Racing Spear is equipped with a unique bottom, offering a center with minimal concave, improved rocker line and concaved channels on both edges of the board for speed and stability.
- Light Weight Carbon construction with increased stiffness improves the direct board feel experienced by riders.
- Additional Volume in the Tail with sharp edges makes it easy to turn around buoys and get back onto the water surface, accelerating into the glide.
- The Carbon construction makes this board lightweight and easy to handle when transporting, and it also makes it easy to paddle in racing conditions.
Overall, this is board is fast. It is quick off the start and onto plain with minimal drag, stability and easy turning around the buoys. It also promises fast recovery as water flows off and under the board.
Key Construction points:
- Light Weight Biax Carbon construction over the complete hull of the board. The weaved Carbon adds to a dynamic relation of efficient flex, stiffness and strength without compromising on weight.
- The moulded EPS closed cell core combined with the premium quality Carbon construction gives the perfect weight to strength ratio, as well as stiffness and flex.
Epoxies out-perform most other resin types in terms of mechanical properties and resistance to environmental degradation Epoxy constructions stand for durability, low porosity and strong bond strength.
The squash tail is a commonly used tail shape on modern surfboards. The design allows for a stable board, and a manoeuvrable ride, suitable for both small and overhead waves.
EPS-Foam is lightweight beaded foam used in the production of epoxy boards. A 14kg moulded EPS closed cell core, is used in our high-performance boards. The EPS foam forms the core of the board and then wrapped inside the epoxy sandwich construction.
We used high-quality light-weight carbon fiber to ensure a durable product while reducing the weight. Carbon fiber has a high stiffness, high tensile strength, low weight, high chemical resistance, high-temperature tolerance, and low thermal expansion, making it perfect for high-performance boards.